- "Genevieve has been working with my off-the-track thoroughbred through lessons and training for the last 18 months. During this short time she has taken him from a horse that would have a meltdown over crossing a ground pole to a horse that can confidently navigate a two foot jumper course. She developed a training plan customized to his needs and my needs as a rider. Every week included a summary of any concerns or issues we'd encountered during the week and troubleshooting tips as well as 'homework' for the coming week to build both of our skill and fitness between lessons. I truly believe she cares about our progress and relationship and her enthusiasm for training is obvious. There have been times during the past year when I struggled with my gelding's behavioral issues and she was there for practical advice and moral support the entire way. When he was in training, she took the time out to send emails detailing his progress and her thoughts as well as pictures.
Genevieve constantly goes above and beyond the call of duty to set up activities outside of lessons. Regular cross country training sessions and frequent horse shows have made training with Epona fun! She is very active in the show community and flexible with what her clients would like to do. After every event, videos and photos are posted on the website which is fun to see but also a useful learning tool! Looking forward to many more events with Epona Equine!"
- "I cannot express the degree of gratitude I have for the help I have received from Genevieve, spanning over a couple of years, in the rehab of my beloved gelding Trouvere. "Tru" had kissing spine disease, and then a badly injured suspensory; after failing PRP he then had surgery, and two 6 month periods of stall rest along the way. She helped me get him back under saddle and into a regular exercise program, with just the right combination of kindness and authority (he can be....ummmm...opinionated!). He is not an easy horse, and Genevieve was GREAT with him! She is an excellent rider with a great feel for what approach will work with the individual. She has a knack for developing a relationship of trust and leadership with horses; Genevieve is also keenly observant of any lameness, swelling, or other health issues and offers excellent ideas, including when to call the vet. She was always honest and reliable, and without her help I would not have been able to make the progress we made on my own. Thank you, Genevieve!"
- I have been working with Genevieve Andrews for the past 6 months. I have a 4 year old OTTB mare named Bisou and was in a little over my head with her training. Genevieve was, to my good fortune, a boarder/trainer at my barn. When she saw me frustrated and struggling, she offered to help me- first offering her services out on a trial basis to make sure we were all a good fit. That impressed me very much. Genevieve is not about making money, but instead truly cares about her clients (the horses!) and their owners. Her one-on-one lessons are focused and full of constant and useful feedback for the horse and rider. I immediately noticed a difference in my horse and my own riding and by the 4th lesson was completely in awe of Genevieve’s knowledge (especially her dressage-based teachings), her compassion and her professionalism. Genevieve is always on time and ready with a plan for the lesson. Outside of the ring, Genevieve is also very helpful and encouraging. She is constantly sending me emails about exercises I can try to improve different aspects of Bisou’s fitness and flexibility. She has also done some training rides on Bisou for me and is always prompt with a phone call to let me know every detail of her ride. Genevieve encouraged me to write a journal about my progress with Bisou and I have found this very helpful as well. I highly recommend Genevieve Andrews as a trainer- she will make a difference in you and your horse!
- "I have so enjoyed my lessons with Genevieve! As an adult rider interested in riding for pleasure, I have been delighted with Genevieve's approach to my goal of becoming a more balanced, confident rider. Genevieve puts a lot of thought into the activities for my lesson, and I love that in each lesson I feel very safe and comfortable but at the same time challenged to improve my riding. I am definitely a more confident rider because of Genevieve's approach to training. She is patient, always willing to explain and demonstrate a new skill and is very encouraging. I'm a better rider because of her."
- "As an adult rider who rode as a teenager it is great to have Genevieve at Epona to teach me and my horse how to jump. We have enjoyed her individualized instruction and are even competing (and placing well) in our first few shows. I highly recommend Genevieve for learning how to jump as well as communication with your horse overall." Kate Heim (Durham NC)
- "I sent Genevieve my 4 year old OTTB after he returned from 30 days re-backing so that he could start learning the basics in order to be sold. She started him with an easy hand and quiet confidence that gave him the foundation he needed for his new life. After only 2 months with her, he was sold as a hunter prospect and is now a 3' children's hunter. Thank you, Genevieve!"
- "I have an eight year old mare who was switching to English pleasure and learning to jump after being ridden and shown Western pleasure for her first 7 years. I am learning too, and began to experience some difficulties so I asked Genevieve to work with us. She got both of our problems figured out and worked with us together to get things going smoothly for us---all this in a couple weeks time. It was one of the smartest things I've done since buying a horse. She has a great sense of humor, solid knowledge, and easy way with both horses and people. I am so much happier with my mare after getting her help!"
- "Genevieve Andrews is an inspirational teacher, a compassionate colleague, a caring horse provider, and a dedicated, committed professional. My daughter has ridden with her as her student, worked beside her in the barn, and showed her horse for her in schooling shows--and Gen has always been a cheerful, optimistic, spirited, and kind professional. A terrific person with whom to work!"
- I have always loved horses and riding, but unfortunately did not have the opportunity to ride much growing up. I met genevieve through a mutual friend and got to know her as she started attending fitness classes that I teach. When my husband suggested that I should start riding lessons with her, I was thrilled! Genevieve is extremely knowledgable about horses and riding. As one of her newer students, I have already learned so much in just a couple of months! She is attentive to and helpful with my form while riding and effectively teaches me how to communicate with the horse in a way that he understands. I wouldn't trade my riding lessons with Genevieve for anything in the world! Not only is it a great workout, I learn a lot and leave my lesson feeling reguvinated. Love love love Epona Equine!!